We are looking for a highly motivated, goal oriented, responsible, and committed person to join our TEAM as a Project Staff to support the implementation of the BE CLME+ Project at our Headquarters in Belize City, Belize.
A Regional Project Coordinator (RPC) is needed to oversee and coordinate the implementation of the BE-CLME+ Project. He/she is responsible for the development and implementation of the project workplan and budget, and the day-to-day management of project resources and support staff. He/ She will coordinate the schedule, budget, issues and risks and make sure the project management framework is well-organized and that it runs smoothly.
Some duties and responsibilities are:
• Review reports and other products of project Consultants.
• Coordinate and actively participate in meetings with stakeholders.
• Draft technical ToRs in coordination with the Marine Spatial Planning Specialist and the Seafood Value Chain Specialist.
• Direct supervision of the Marine Spatial Planning Specialist and the Seafood Value Chain Specialist to ensure delivery of all project outcomes and outputs.
• Observe project management procedures to facilitate project implementation and ensure delivery of high-quality outcomes.
• In consultation with regional and local partners, prepare the project’s annual work plans and budget allocations.
• Facilitate communications and linkages at regional, national, and local levels.
• Doctorate or Master’s Degree or equivalent with professional experience in Project Management, Business Administration, Marine Management, Fisheries Science, Coastal Zone Management, or Marine Science, with college courses/academic level or certification in project management preferred.
• A good understanding of marine biodiversity, marine protected areas, climate change, marine spatial planning, fisheries development and management, ecosystems-approach to fisheries management, monitoring and evaluation.
DEADLINE: 22 SEPTEMBER 2023